Are you excitedly making all your last minute wedding preparations? Do you want to make sure you’re ready to handle whatever comes your way? Well, it’s time to stock up on essential oils.
They are nature’s medicine and they can be used in all sorts of ways to help with anxiety, stress, bug bites, and just about any other issue that might arise on your big day.
All that said, here are some essential oils I recommend including in your wedding day emergency kit:
- Lavender comes in handy for so many things. It’s great to keep on hand because it can be applied topically to calm irritated skin and soothe bug bites, or it can be diffused into the air for aromatherapy purposes. Lavender is also known to help with headaches, stress relief, anxiety, and soothing an upset stomach.
- Cinnamon is another great essential oil to include in your wedding day emergency kit! Reducing inflammation in the body is important for any bride who might be suffering from cramps, because no one wants to have cramps on their wedding day. Cinnamon can also help with upset stomachs, so if you’re feeling nauseated on the morning of the wedding, cinnamon could help calm an upset stomach or indigestion.
It also helps with hormone regulation in general, so if you’re feeling stressed or anxious on your wedding day, this is a great way to calm yourself down before everything gets started. Plus, cinnamon is just delicious!
- Citrus oils such as lemon, orange, or grapefruit can help you feel energised, alert, and ready to take on the day. Grapefruit oil is especially good for helping to reduce anxiety and promote positivity. Try diffusing a few drops of citrus oil in your dressing room while you’re getting ready or adding it to your water during cocktail hour to energize you for an evening of festivities.
- Peppermint essential oil. When you’re feeling that mid-afternoon crash, or when you’re starting to fade towards the end of the evening, it will help bring you back up to speed. Just put a drop in your hands, rub them together, and inhale the refreshing aroma deeply. In fact, inhaling peppermint has a stimulant effect that can help bring mental clarity and focus. You can also apply a drop to your temples or under your nose and feel its immediate effects.
- Eucalyptus oil. A good bug repellant is a must-have for any outdoor wedding. And there’s no reason to look for one in the chemical aisle of the store when you can just make your own naturally. Eucalyptus oil is an excellent insect repellant, and it’s easy to find at most health food stores. It has been shown to be effective against mosquitoes, flies, and other insects. The easiest way to use it as a bug spray is to mix it with a carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil, which will make it last longer if you’re applying it directly to the skin. You can also diffuse it throughout the air using an essential oils diffuser if you happen to have a spot for one by your head table.
I hope you’ve been inspired to incorporate some essential oils into your special day with the suggestions above. I know it may seem like a challenge to add one more thing to your wedding planning list, no matter how small they are, but trust me – these little bottles of natural magic will be so worth it.
To read more tips for your wedding preparations, be sure to check out my other articles here!